Prerequisites, corequisites, recommended preparation, and limitations on enrollment, if any, are noted in course descriptions in the college catalog and in the "Details" section of the online schedule. Students are responsible for meeting the prerequisite, corequisite, recommended preparation, and/or limitation for any course in which they intend to enroll.
There are various ways by which students may clear prerequisites. Some of the most common ways include taking and passing course prerequisites at IVC, submitting college transcripts or AP results, or by taking an assessment test.
Courses from Other Colleges and AP Scores
Students may submit transcripts or AP Score Reports to clear course prerequisites if they have completed any of the following:
- A course at another college with a C or better equivalent to an IVC course prerequisite
- An Advanced Placement exam that is equivalent to an IVC course prerequisite
Math and English Assessment Test requirement can be fulfilled with:
- Math and English courses from other colleges completed with a C or better that are equivalent to IVC Math and English courses
- AP Calculus AB/BC and Statistics tests scores of 3 or better
- AP English Language & Composition test scores of 4 or better
Submit a completed Request to Clear Prerequisites form with complete college transcripts or AP Score Reports (unofficial copies accepted) to the Office of Admissions and Records (SSC 110) or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.