Irvine Valley College (IVC) students have the unique opportunity to attend California State University (CSU) or University of California (UC) campuses while they are still at IVC. This program is especially useful for community college students who might want to transfer to a local CSU or UC campus, allowing them to take a course at that level each semester at a very low cost. We encourage students who are interested in transferring to CSU, Fullerton, CSU, Long Beach or UC, Irvine to take advantage of this opportunity. Through the cross enrollment program, you can get to know the school you intend to transfer to…even before you are admitted!
The Transfer Center at IVC has specific information regarding the cross enrollment program, so stop by and see them. The Office of Admissions and Records must clear you to participate, so when you are ready, fill out the Application for Cross Enrollment and turn it in to the Admissions Office to get the process going. Below are some specific details you need to be aware of when applying for this program.
To participate in the Cross Enrollment program you must:
- Be a California resident
- Have completed at least 12 units at IVC as a matriculated student
- Have earned a 2.0 grade point average for all work completed at IVC
- Be enrolled in at least 6 units at IVC for the term you plan to take a class at the CSU or UC
- Have paid all fees owed to IVC for the current term; and
- Have completed any prerequisites needed to take the classes at the CSU or UC. The host school will make the determination regarding prerequisite completion.