K - 12 Special Admission Students
The term "special admissions" applies to students who are currently enrolled in grades K-12. These students may enroll in IVC courses on a space available basis. As required by state law, K-12 students will receive a low priority registration time so as to not displace regularly admitted students.
Follow these 6 easy steps to complete your enrollment.
Apply for admission online (unless you are currently enrolled). Students who are under the age of 14 must complete a paper application (available at Admissions & Records, Student Services Center, 110).
- Summer & Fall Applications accepted beginning February 1.
- Spring Applications accepted beginning August 1
The Matriculation process (Orientation and Advisement) is deferred for K-12 students. However, if you plan to enroll for a course which requires a prerequisite, you must demonstrate satisfactory completion of the prerequisite or take the appropriate assessment. For further information go the Matriculation & Assessment website.
Please obtain aK-12 Special Admission Request Form online or at the Office of Admissions & Records. . Complete the K-12 Special Admission Request Form and submit it to the Office of Admissions & Records.
The form requires:
- Requested course(s) listed (forms where this is left blank cannot be processed)
- Principals Permission or authorized designee (must be on file in the IVC Admissions and Records Office)
- School Seal
- Student Signature
- K-8 must obtain Instructor(s) and Academic Dean's signature and request courses by ticket number.
- Education Code places strict enrollment restrictions. Students may enroll for a maximum of 11 units and places strict restrictions for enrollment in physical education courses. Consequently, IVC prohibits does not allow enrollment for physical education classes.
Once the K-12 Special Admission Request Form is completed, do not make alterations or cross out classes listed on the K-12 Special Admission Request Form. ALTERED FORMS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Your assigned registration appointment is listed under "Appointments" in MySite. You may register on or after your registration appointment.
Before the class begins AND providing the class is still open:
- 9 - 12th grade students may register online through MySite at www.ivc.edu
- K - 8 grade students must register in-person at the Office of Admissions & Records.
After the class begins OR if the class is closed:
- Choose the Waitlist option for the class, if it is available or
- Attend the first day of class and request an APC (Add Permit Code)
- Follow registration instructions above using the APC Code.
Please note: Submitting the IVC Admission Application and K-12 Special Admission Request Form does not register students for classes. Students must complete the registration instructions listed above. Failure to follow these procedures will delay or cause you not to be able to enroll.
Due upon Registration!
Pay required fees either online, through MySite or in person at the Bursar's Office. Payment must be received within 5 business days or students may be dropped for nonpayment.
Purchase books at the IVC Bookstore.
Grades received at IVC become a part of a permanent college transcript. Students are responsible for completing all transactions (i.e. adding or dropping classes, etc.
Direct any questions you have to the
Office of Admissions and Records
Student Services Building
5500 Irvine Center Drive
Irvine, CA 92618
Thank you for choosing Irvine Valley College!