Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content

How can I complete a Comprehensive MAP (My Academic Plan)?

Based on your specific situation, IVC has an option for you to obtain an approved Comprehensive MAP.  Refer to the following chart for the option that is best for you. If you have any questions about which option is best for you, please stop by the Counseling Center in SC 210 or call us at 949-451-5251.

*Special note: Honors, Veterans, International, Student Athletes and EOPS students MUST see their assigned counselor for an approved Comprehensive MAP.

Options for an approved Comprehensive MAP

  • MAP Lab
    • The MAP Lab is intended for IVC students that have only taken classes at IVC or Saddleback. The lab is open the following dates and times:

      ◾ Monday – Thursday – 10:00am-3:00pm
      ◾ Friday 10:00am - 1:00pm
      ◾ Location: MAP Lab (SSC 250)

      You do not have to make an appointment to use the MAP Lab. The MAP lab is available on a first come, first serve basis.

  • MAP Workshop
    • My Academic Plan (MAP) workshops are intended for IVC students that have only taken classes at IVC or Saddleback. MAP workshops are usually offered Monday - Friday. Sign-up for a MAP workshop using the following link:

  • Counseling Course Options
    • Counseling courses are great in-depth options for students to develop their MAPs, learn more about their educational options, learn how to maximize their time at IVC and become better students overall. Students can develop a comprehensive plan as part of Counseling 1 or Counseling 200A/B/C courses.

  • Counseling Appointment
    • Academic Counseling appointments are best for students that have taken classes at colleges other then IVC and Saddleback or students that have more in-depth questions. Counseling appointments allow students to meet with the counseling faculty on an individual basis. Counseling appointment availability is limited. Counseling appointments can be made in any of the following ways:

      1. In the Counseling Center (SC 210)
      2. Calling 949-451-5752
      3. Online at

Comprehensive MAP Grid

Student PopulationMAP LabCounseling AppointmentCounseling CoursesMAP Workshop
Continuing students who only have units at IVC or SaddlebackYesYesYesYes
Students with transcripts from colleges other than IVC or SaddlebackNoYesNoNo
New students who do not have college unitsYesYesYesNo
New students with passing AP or IB scoresYesYesYesYes


T:  949-451-5220
O: Student Services Center