The Assessment component of the Matriculation process requires a math and English assessment. All students take the same IVC Math Assessment. If your first language is not English, you are strongly advised to take the English as a Second Language (ESL) assessment instead of the assessment for native English speakers. The assessment tests are used for course placement in math, English, and ESL courses.
Students must have an IVC Student ID Number and a current photo ID to enter the Assessment Center. Acceptable forms of identification include a Driver's License, High School ID Card, IVC ID card, student visa, or Permanent Resident Card. Photocopies and mobile images of IDs will not be accepted. Any student without a valid form of identification will not be allowed to assess.
Assessments are by appointment in the Assessment Center on the 2nd floor of the Student Services Center (SSC 240) unless otherwise noted below. Assessments last between two and three hours.
In order to sign up for any Assessment Test, first apply for admission . You must have an IVC student ID number in order to make a reservation for an Assessment. You may also stand by for Assessment Tests without an appointment.
Reserve your seat!
Priority will be given to students with a scheduled appointment. Students will be accommodated on a first-come, first-served basis without an appointment.
Make a Math & English Assessment Appointment
- Monday, 10/3/16 at 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, 10/5/16 at 10:00 am
- Thursday, 10/6/16 at 3:00 pm
- Monday, 10/10/16 at 3:00 pm
- Tuesday, 10/11/16 at 3:00 pm
- Thursday, 10/13/16 at 3:00 pm
- Friday, 10/14/16 at 9:00 am
- Tuesday, 10/18/16 at 10:00 am and 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, 10/19/16 at 10:00 am and 3:00 pm
- Thursday, 10/20/16 at 3:00 pm
- Friday, 10/21/16 at 9:00 am
- Monday, 10/24/16 at 3:00 pm
- Tuesday, 10/25/16 at 10:00 am and 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, 10/26/16 at 3:00 pm
- Thursday, 10/27/16 at 3:00 pm
Make an ESL Assessment Appointment*
- Tuesday, 9/6/16 at 10:00 am
- Wednesday, at 9/14/16 at 3:00 pm
- Friday, 9/23/16, at 9:00 am
- Monday, 9/26/16, at 3:00 pm
- Tuesday, 10/4/16 at 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, 10/12/16 at 3:00 pm
- Monday, 10/17/16 at 3:00 pm
- Friday, 10/28/16 at 9:00 am
*ESL assessments cannot be given during Math & English Appointments.
Assessment Preparation Material
Preparing for the Assessment tests could save you as much as one or two semesters of basic skills math, English, or ESL courses. Review the test preparation materials provided by the Math, English, and ESL departments.
Courses from Other Colleges and AP Scores
You may be able to satisfy the Math or English Assessment test requirements that are part of Matriculation with verified completion of Math or English courses from other colleges or Advanced Placement test scores.