Matriculation is an integral component of the Student Success and Support Program (SSSP). The goal of SSSP is to increase student access and success by providing core matriculation and follow up services. The matriculation process will help students to identify campus resources, evaluate their academic readiness, and determine their academic goals.
Steps to Complete Matriculation
This information is also available on our new app. Download the IVC Guidebook - Matriculation app from the Google Play or Apple Store.
- All new students and students who have been away from IVC for one semester must complete an application through CCCApply.
- While applying for Financial Aid
is not required, we highly recommend that students complete the FAFSA
application. The Federal Application for Free Student Aid (FAFSA) is
available at fafsa.gov.
- Complete the Math and English or ESL Assessment at IVC to measure your current skill level.
- Prepare for the Assessment tests! Doing so could save one or two semesters of basic English or Math courses. Visit the Assessment Overview page for review materials.
- Click here to sign up for the Math and English assessment. To sign up for the ESL Assessment, click here.
- Advisement helps you choose your classes for your first semester.
- Online Option: Complete through MySite.
- For Advisement: Click on My Information, Matriculation, Online Orientation.
- For First Semester Plan: Click on My Academic Plan (MAP), First Semester Plan.
- In-Person Group Option: Group Advisement sessions offered at IVC.
- Register at Advisement Overview.
- Orientation will introduce you to the college's programs, services, policies, and expectations. Once you have applied to IVC and received your student ID number via email, you will be able to complete orientation.
- Access the online orientation 24/7 from any computer with internet access through your MySite account.
- Click on My Information, Matriculation, Online Orientation.
Exemption from Matriculation and SSSP Services
While completing Matriculation services is highly recommended, the following students are exempted from completing these steps. Students who are exempted from Matriculation include:
- Students currently enrolled in grade levels K - 12,
- Students currently enrolled at a 4-year college or university while taking IVC classes toward their Bachelor's degree,
- Students taking IVC classes to maintain a professional license or
- Students who have earned an Associates degree or higher.
Exempt students in this category will receive a Level 3 or Level 4 Registration Priority. Please contact the Senior Matriculation Specialists at 949-451-5220 if you are being required to complete Matriculation and fall into one of the exempt categories.