Enrollment Priorities and Loss of BOGFW
Effective fall 2014, California Community Colleges were required to adopt new enrollment priorities. Registration times will be assigned each term to students in the following order:
Level 1: College students (excluding K-12 students) who:
- have not have been on academic or progress probation for their last two consecutive semesters
- Completed less than 100 units (basic skills units are not counted in this total)
- complete all matriculation steps in order
- 1. Orientation
- 2. Assessment in both Math and English
- 3. Advisement including a first semester academic plan
- Qualifying Level 1 students will be assigned a registration time in the following order:
- 1. Pre-Assigned Priority Groups
- 2. Freshman Advantage (fall/spring semesters only - First-time College Students who complete matriculation by published deadline.
- 3. Continuing Students (enrolled at IVC or Saddleback College during the previous fall/spring semester)
- 4. New and Returning Students
Level 2: Emeritus Students (Excluding K-12 students)
Level 3: Any student (Excluding K-12 students) who has:
- completed 100 or more degree applicable units
- been placed on academic probation*
- been placed on progress probation*
- been exempted from matriculation services (orientation, assessment, advisement/first semester educational plan)
*Students may also lose eligibility for the Board of Governors Fee Waiver.
Level 4: Concurrently Enrolled High School Students
Students are required to submit only one appeal for both the Loss of Enrollment Priority and the Loss of Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGFW). Students may appeal only under the following circumstances.
Eligibility Requirements for Registration Priority and/or BOGFW:
- Students with disabilities who applied for reasonable accommodations, but did not receive those accommodations in a timely manner.
- Students who have made significant academic improvement where they meet the minimum grade point average (2.00 or higher) and/or progress standard (completed more than 50% of all units enrolled) to be removed from academic or progress probation.
- Students who have experienced extenuating circumstance (documented cases of accident, illness, or other circumstanced beyond the student control)
Eligibility Requirement for Registration Priority Only:
- Students who have exceeded 100 degree applicable units, but has not completed their declared program due to pursuing a high unit major
Eligibility for the BOGFW only:
- Special consideration as a student receiving services from one or more of the following programs:
- Foster Youth
- Student has not enrolled at Saddleback College or Irvine Valley College for two consecutive semesters since becoming ineligible for the BOGFW.
- Student was unable to obtain essential support services. A written statement of support from that support service must be submitted.
Students need to complete theAppeal for Loss of Registration Priority Loss of BOGFW 2016-6-5.pdf and submit the required documentation to the Office of Admissions and Records. Allow 5 business days for a decision.