At IVC, students are placed on probation under the following conditions:
Academic Probation: Your cumulative grade point average was below 2.00 after your last enrolled semester.
Progress Probation: Your total of W, No Pass/No Credit, or I grades after your last enrolled semester was above 50% of all grades earned.
- It is a district-wide process regarding classes at IVC and Saddleback College.
- Students placed on probation are notified by email after each fall and spring semester.
- Students on probation in their last three enrolled semesters are subject to dismissal and will be notified of dismissal in such cases.
Since probation regards cumulative coursework, it may take several semesters to improve a probation situation.
- First-time probation blocks students from registration.
- Students must:
Click here to complete the tutorial and register for a Success Workshop.
- Complete an online Probation Tutorial
- Attend a Success Workshop to have a first-time probation (PB) hold removed.
- Second-time probation does not block students from registration.
- Students will receive lower priority for registration in their next effective registration period and continuously until they reach good academic standing.
- Students on probation for two consecutive terms will lose Board of Governors (BOG) Fee Waiver eligibility and may also be disqualified from federal financial aid eligibility.
- Students are encouraged to complete the online Probation Tutorial and attend a Success Workshop.
How To Be Removed From Probation:
- Students may not appeal probation.
- To be removed from academic probation, students must reach a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or higher.
- To be removed from progress probation, students must reduce their total of W, No Pass/No Credit, or I grades to lower than 50% of all grades earned.
Find and use the right resources to succeed:
- IVC Counseling Center 949-451-5251
- IVC Financial Aid Office 949-451-5287
- IVC Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) 949-451-5243
- IVC Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS) 949-451-5630