Once you have completed the math and English/ESL placement, you may move on to the next step of Advisement and developing a First Semester Plan. Advisement sessions can be completed through live virtual group sessions or self-paced online. During advisement sessions you can expect to learn about:
- Your math and English assessment results and course placement options
- IVC's course sequence in math and English/ESL
- Strategies for balancing school and other personal commitments
- Certificate and degree requirements and transfer options
- How MySite and the online enrollment process work
After completing an Advisement session, you will be ready to develop a First Semester Academic Plan.
In-Person Freshman Advisement Session
Monday, December 13, 2021 | 3 -5 pm | Appointment Reservation »
Virtual Group Advisement Sessions and First Semester Plan
Students may select to attend a live virtual advisement presentation with an IVC counselor by clicking one of the links below based on their current academic interest area:
- Freshmen Advisement: Undecided
- Freshmen Advisement: Social Sciences, Humanities, Arts
- Freshmen Advisement: Business/Economics
- Freshmen Advisement: STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering and Math & Health
After students sign up, they will be sent a Zoom link to complete the registration. During this session, a counselor will assist students in creating a First Semester Plan.
Self-Paced Online Advisement and First Semester Plan
Students may access self-paced Online Advisement and First Semester Plan, by logging into their MySite accounts.
- Login to MySite
- Click on "My Information"
- Click on "Matriculation"
- Click on "Online Advisement"
First Semester Plan
- Login to MySite
- Click on "My Academic Plan"
- Click on "Create New Plan"