Once you have completed the math and English/ESL placement, you may move on to the next step of Advisement and developing a First Semester Plan. Advisement sessions can be completed online or through in-person group sessions. During advisement sessions you can expect to learn about:
- our math and English placement results and course placement options
- IVC's course sequence in math and English/ESL
- Strategies for balancing school and other personal commitments
- Certificate and degree requirements and transfer options
- How MySite and the online enrollment process work
After completing an Advisement session, you will be ready to develop a First Semester Academic Plan.
Group Advisement Sessions and First Semester Plan
Students may attend a Freshman Group Advisement session with an IVC counselor. During this session, a counselor will assist students in creating a First Semester Plan. Advisement sessions are located in SSC 250 and appointments are required:
- February 18 at 3 pm
- February 27 at 10 am
- March 3 at 3 pm
- March 11 at 3 pm
- March 17 at 10 am
- March 23 at 3 pm
Online Advisement and First Semester Plan
Students may access Online Advisement and First Semester Plan, by logging into their MySite accounts.
Online Advisement (within MySite)
- Click on "My Information"
- Click on "Matriculation"
- Click on "Online Advisement"
First Semester Plan (within MySite)
- Click on "My Academic Plan"
- Click on "First Semester Plan"