At Irvine Valley College, students are placed on probation under the following conditions:
- Academic Probation: Your cumulative grade point average was below 2.00 after your last enrolled semester.
- Progress Probation: Your total of W, No Pass/No Credit, or I grades after your last enrolled semester was above 50% of all grades earned.
Students are subject to DISMISSAL when they reach three consecutively enrolled semesters of probation in any combination of the two probation types mentioned above.
- It is a district-wide process regarding classes at IVC and Saddleback College.
- Students placed on probation are notified by email after each fall and spring semester.
- Students on probation in their last three enrolled semesters are subject to dismissal and will be notified of dismissal in such cases.
Since probation regards cumulative coursework, it may take several semesters to improve a probation situation.
- First-time probation students will not have registration blocked during Fall 2021.
- Students on first-time probation are highly recommended to complete the online "Success Module" in Canvas. The Canvas module will emphasize the importance of understanding campus policies, goal setting, time-management, and growth mindset ideologies.
- To enroll in the Success Module on Canvas, you will need to log into Canvas and then click on the following link to self-enroll: https://canvas.ivc.edu/enroll/7EA6DN
- Second-time probation does not block students from registration.
- Students will receive lower priority for registration in their next effective registration period and continuously until they reach good academic standing.
- Students on probation for two consecutive terms will lose California College Promise Grant (CCPG) Fee Waiver eligibility and may also be disqualified from federal financial aid eligibility.
- Students are encouraged to complete the online "Success Module" in Canvas. The Canvas module will emphasize the importance of understanding campus policies, goal setting, time-management, and growth mindset ideologies.
- To enroll in the Success Module on Canvas, you will need to log into Canvas and the click on the following link to self enroll: https://canvas.ivc.edu/enroll/7EA6DN
How To Be Removed From Probation:
- Students may not appeal probation.
- To be removed from academic probation, students must reach a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or higher.
- To be removed from progress probation, students must reduce their total of W, No Pass/No Credit, or I grades to lower than 50% of all grades earned.
Find and use the right resources to succeed:
- IVC Counseling Center 949-451-5251
- IVC Financial Aid Office 949-451-5287
- IVC Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) 949-451-5243
- IVC Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS) 949-451-5630