Adding a Class
Open classes may be added to your schedule prior to the start of the semester. During the first two weeks of the semester (first week during the summer session), you may add semester length classes with permission from the instructor. Check the Class Schedule – Important Dates for term-specific add/drop/withdrawal dates.
To add a class:
- Attend the first-class meeting. If space is available, ask the instructor for an Add Authorization Code.
- Log in to Mysite and go to Registration.
- On the Add/Drop Classes page, input the Ticket Number of the class you wish to register for and click on "submit changes."
- Enter the Add Authorization Code and click "verify" to continue.
- Submit your changes, review your schedule and pay fees.
To add an online class after the semester has started, contact the instructor for an Add Authorization Code and follow the instructions outlined above.
Instructor permission is not required to register in an open short course before the starting date of the course. After the start date, request an Add Authorization Code from the instructor and follow the instructions above before 20% of the course has been completed.